What makes up light or heavy books?
Light books are intended for a quick read, something that is easy to pick and and everyone should be able to approach the content with ease. Heavy books on the other hand, tend to be books that take more time to get into. These are also books that might be more challenging for young Christians.
How do you decide what falls into understanding, analysis or synthesis?
Books on Understanding are books that help more to break down the biblical topics into more approachable content. Books on Analysis are books that read deep between the lines of different contexts of the Bible and people. Books on Synthesis are more application questions, taking a step further from reading the text, and into action.
Call to Action
Call to action books are simply about expanding the kingdom of God. Be ready to answer the call!
Books for the different duration are meant for the practical groups. These are the recommended lengths of the books based on the book’s sypnosis itself.
For a full list:
- Acts – Seeing God’s Power in Action (A Lifebuilder Bible Study) - 24 Studies in 2 parts.
- Be Victorious – In Christ You Are An Overcomer (Warren W. Wiersbe) - NT Commentary on Revelation with reflection questions at the end of each chapter.
- Deuteronomy-Becoming Holy People - A 12 study guide book on the book of Deuteronomy suitable for groups that want to have an overview of this book in the OT.
- Ecclesiastes – Chasing After Meaning - One-Liner: A step by step guide through the book of Ecclesiastes
- Ephesians – Bringing Heaven to Earth (Kevin Harney) - Ephesians reveals a mystery God kept hidden in his heart through the ages
- Ephesians – For Everyone Bible Study Guides (Tom Wright) - Thoughtful question, prayer suggestions, and useful background and cultural information all guide you into a deeper understanding of the Christian story and the Christian life.
- Faithful to the End (Gordon Wong) - A pastoral approach to the book of Daniel, ie. focused on applying the teachings in the book of Daniel to readers' everyday lives.
- Isaiah (Interpretation Bible Studies) - A basic commentary / expository on the book of Isaiah
- John – For Everyone Bible Study Guide - 26 Sessions to cover 21 Chapters in the Gospel of John
- Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Hebrews – The Incomparable Christ - 12 sessions to study the differences between the old law and the new covenant which Christ has brought